Friday, December 5, 2008

SUB Thursdays.

My Friends and I LOVE SUB Thursdays. Every week, when Thursday rolls around, I get texted if I am going to be there after class. Every Tuesday and Thursday I get out of my second class at 12, but by this time, Sub Thursday has already gone into play. What is SUB Thursday? Well every week, the University center fills up with people; they have kiosks of all different kinds of things, such as purses or t-shirts, but that isn’t what I go for.
What college kid doesn’t love those two amazing words? FREE FOOD! In my opinion, that is probably the best combination since PB&J. The first sub Thursday there was an ongoing line for a delicious Mexican lunch. It included pork, white rice, black beans, plantains, and weird bread, which was scrumptious. It is not the same thing every week, which makes SUB Thursday that much better. Last week was especially exciting because they not only had hot dogs and hamburgers, but Maggie moos, only the best ice cream ever, set up a little stand, letting you have a free scoop of your choice. Even the dessert changes every week from ice cream to snow cones to cotton candy, it never gets old.
It is never boring on SUB Thursdays, because there is so much going on. Between the loud music outside that is enjoyed by everyone, the free food that no one gets sick of, and the possible items you could win, people should definitely get excited every Thursday. A few weeks’ back random people were winning Maroon Five, Augustana, and Counting Crows concert tickets, which usually run for about fifty dollars. There is always so much going on Thursdays, who knows what you will miss if you don’t go. I know I will continue to go to SUB Thursdays for quite some time.

No comments: